Creating a Television
The next instalment to making the scene is to create a television this wasn’t too difficult. Firstly I created a large box to be the main part of the television then I cloned that box and using the “Uniform Scale” tool I changed the size to fit into the middle of the larger box so it looked like a screen and changed the colour of that box to be white for the time being as I will add in the future the image of the television channel “Dave” but I haven’t made that material yet!
The next step was to create the stand for the television the way I did this was to create a small box first then created a “Sphere” and using the “Uniform Scale” I flattened the shape to make a large oval shape but it was too thin so using right clicking on the shape and selecting the “Editable Poly” option I changed it so I could use the “Extrude” tool to change the shape to make it taller.
After I had the shape of the TV and stand I searched the Internet for televisions so that I could use it to make a material for the edges of the larger box so it would look like a television.
I found a good image and edited ready for use in the Material Editor then click and dragged the image to the TV edge and the stand then looked at it in render mode to see if the effect worked, I may change it to look shinier but I will check that after lighting effects are used.This is what the TV looks like un-rendered.
No comments:
Post a Comment