Thursday, 19 February 2009

Ident 1 Packet Of Crisps

Creating Crisps

To create the packet of crisps for my scene I had to create the shape of a packet by using the “Line” tool so I created a shape of a bag with 4 poking out corners.
Once I had a shape I was happy with I right clicked on the shape and selected the option “Convert to Editable Poly” and it then made the shape coloured.
After the shape had some colour I could edit the shape to become 3D by using the “Polygon” option I selected the “Extrude” tool and pulled it out so the image had shape and was now 3D.As the 3D shape has a hollow end I needed to make it whole so using the “Border” option I selected the side that was hollow and used the “Cap” to make it whole.
Now that the shape is whole I thought about making it smoother so I used the “Mesh Smooth” modifier to make it a smooth object so it had more shape than being box looking. I set the Iterations to “1” so it hadn’t smoothed it too much as crisp packets have some crinkles in them.
On screen I have a bag shape and need to add a material to it so that it looks like a packet of crisps, using the Internet I searched for an image of a packet of crisps and then saved the image so I could use it as a material.
I opened the Material Editor and selected an empty square and uploaded “Bitmap” so that I had the image in the square.
By clicking and dragging the image onto the bag it showed the image on it but it didn’t look very good so I had to use another modifier on the bag and that was a “UVW Map” so that I could manipulate the image to fix the shape I had created.
After some fiddling around with moving it and changing the tiling I got the shape.
This is what the pack of crisps looks like un-rendered.

No comments: