Creating The Egg
Firstly I started by making an egg, using the sphere tool I created a sphere then using the scale tool I shaped it. After I had a oval shape I changed it to an editable poly to edit the shape further using the extrude tool. The screenshot shows the final shape of the egg.

Creating The Basket
To create the basket I created a shape of a basket using the line tool then using the modify menu I selected the "Lathe" tool and it created a 3D shape on the screen for me to edit.

Creating The Handle
Then using the line tool I created a handle for the basket, I started by created a curved line for the shape of the handle then using the circle tool I created a 2D shape of a circle that was quite small. Using the "Loft" tool I selected the line then grabbed the circle shape to make the line become a 3D shape, using the scaling tool I shaped the handle to fit the basket so that it looks like a basket.


Creating The Easter Bunny
Once the basket was created I started to create the easter bunny. To make my easter bunny I started creating each individual part of it.
I first started by making the easy parts like the ears. Using the line tool I created a shape for the ear. Once I had created a shape I thought looked like an ear I selected it and changed it to an editable poly so that it became a solid shape with colour, then using the extrude tool I made the shape 3Dimensional and then on the option I selected the outline of the shape and using the "Cap" tool it made the shape solid with colour. I did the same for the inside part of the ear also but made a smaller shape for it & changed the colour too.
Head / Face
Using the sphere tool again I created two spheres one for the top part of the head and the second for the jaw. Using the scaling tool I changed the shape of each sphere to make it look like the shape of a cartoon rabbits head.
Once I had created the shape of the head that I wanted I started to create the facial features of the rabbit.
Nose / Mouth
To add the nose to the mouth shape I created a sphere changed the colour and placed it into the shape I made to create a nose feature for the rabbit.
Eyes
To create the eyes I used the line tool to create an eye shape. Once I had a shape I liked I selected it and changed it to an editable poly so that it became a solid shape, then using the extrude tool to make it stand out then selected on the "Border" option to allow me to cap the side that is hollow.After the shape was completed I created a circle for the pupil and another circle for the colour of the eyes and placed them on each part of the eye.
Body
Once each shape had been created I placed them all together and cloned any object that appears twice so each arm, hand, leg and foot had to been cloned to make the whole body work.
Once I had created the shape I wanted I added to head and ears to the stage aswell as the basket full of eggs to the rabbit. and also created some eyebrows and teeth for the rabbit aswell using the line tool and the box tool.
Creating The Fur

To add the image onto the modifier panel I selected on the button that usually says "Standard" but now says "Bitmap" and select the option Bitmap from the list and select the image from your file. It uploads the image into the modifier for you to edit and tile.
Once I had created my modifier I edited each part of my rabbit using the UVM Map modifier I changed the shape for each part of it so that the fur looked better rendered.
Final Image
To add the image in to the background you go into the "Rendering" option at the top of 3DS Max and go to Environment or press "8" on your keyboard to open it.Then select bitmap image and specify where the file is and it will put the image in the background of the scene.
You can also see what the fur looks like rendered.
1 comment:
Love it! Awesome!
Post a Comment