Creating The Christmas Tree
To start I created 2 shapes a cone and a cylinder for the top and the stem of the tree.
As I plan to extrude the cylinder I created a cylinder with 12 height segments and 10 width segments. Also when I created the cone I changed the height segments to 12 and the width to 10 also.Once I had created a shape that I wanted I right clicked and changed each to be an editable poly.
Now that I have 2 items that are editable I selected on the stem of the tree and selected on the “Vertex” option so that I could extrude each segment of the cylinder.
I selected on each part of the cylinder so that I could extrude the segments out to make a tree effect.
Once I had finished creating the tree by extruding, I cloned the tree and moved it around to make a more bush like effect for the tree.
I also extruded the cone too to make it look like a tree this was a little bit harder as I extruded each part the spikes pointed upwards so I had to move each part individually to make it straight again, then using the clone tool again I shaped it so it looked like a tree.
Creating The PotTo create the pot for the tree I used the line tool and made a shape that I wanted for a pot.
Once I had a shape that I liked I used the “lathe” tool to create a 3D shape, now that the shape was right I made sure I had the colour I wanted and the smoothness that looked right.

What the whole thing looks like so far...
Creating PresentsFirstly I created a box for the shape of the present, then using the box tool I created a line for the wrap around the box.
Once I had all sides covered with the wrap I made a bow for the top, using the line tool I created a shape for one part of the shape, converted to an editable poly, then using the extrude tool I made the shape 3D then using the “cap” tool it made the shape solid. Using the clone tool I copied the shape I had made and it was then a bow.
I then cloned the present to make 3 presents then changed the colours of each one and then changed the shape of each one to make some bigger and smaller.
Creating DecorationsCreating Baubles
Firstly I created a sphere for the shape of the bauble then using the cylinder tool I created a shape for the top of the ball.
I then created a modifier for the colour so it looked shiny.
Creating Tinsel Using the spiral tool I created a spiral then with the cylinder tool I created a circle so that I had a medium thickness for the tube.
I then selected the line I created and then selected the “Loft” tool then selected the "get shape" button and selected the circle to loft so it created a spiral tube.
I then did the same for a few different shapes to use for tinsel.
This is the mixture of all of the tinsel and baubles that I added to the tree
Creating The Star
I then selected the line I created and then selected the “Loft” tool then selected the "get shape" button and selected the circle to loft so it created a spiral tube.
I then did the same for a few different shapes to use for tinsel.
This is the mixture of all of the tinsel and baubles that I added to the treeCreating The Star
To create the star for the top of the tree I created a cone first for the star to sit on then using the preset option I created a star and changed the colours of both of them to make it look better.
I then edited the shape so that it would fit onto the top of the tree. This is what the image looks like so far:

Creating The Room Scene
I then edited the shape so that it would fit onto the top of the tree. This is what the image looks like so far:
Creating The Room Scene
Creating A Window
To create the window I used the box tool to make the shape of each part then cloned it so each side was the same length then made them line up to make the shape of the window.

I then added a window cill to make the room look complete.
Creating Walls
To create walls I used the box tool again to make the shape and then lifted it so that it was tall enough to cover the scene.
I also made a floor for the room so I could add modifiers to make it look like a room.Wallpaper
Using the internet I found an old style wallpaper to use for the room as I wanted to make it like a 60's feel.
Carpet Using the internet I found an old style wallpaper to use for the room as I wanted to make it like a 60's feel.

Material Editor
Using the material editor I created a tile for the floor and the walls so that the room looked like an old 60's room.
This is what the room looks like after all of the modifiers have been added...
I then added the tree and presents to the room, this is what the scene looks like after...
Adding Lighting
Now that the scene is complete I needed to create good lighting effects for it.
Using a spotlight and omni light for the glow of the star I gave my scene light, using each feature gave a good effect on the scene.
I used a filter for the onmi light to make the yellow glow of the star so it looks like its shining ontop of the tree.
Now that the scene is complete I needed to create good lighting effects for it.
Using a spotlight and omni light for the glow of the star I gave my scene light, using each feature gave a good effect on the scene.
I used a filter for the onmi light to make the yellow glow of the star so it looks like its shining ontop of the tree.
Adding Snow To create the snow I used the snow particle system, to do this you need to select on the dropdown list on the mouse pointer option, select "particle systems" and then click the option "Snow" then I changed the amount of snow particles and the thickness of each snow flake.
Using the slider at the bottom of the screen....
I selected a part that had alot of snow and then looked at the rendered image to see if it was enough.
I selected a part that had alot of snow and then looked at the rendered image to see if it was enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment