Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Boolean & Pro Boolean

Boolean
Another useful tool we learnt in the lecture/tutorial was how to use a boolean.

To start with i created a thin box using the create tool and then selecting box.
Once I had created the box I used the create tool again to create a sphere next to the box then using the movement tool I placed the sphere into the center of the box.
Then I selected the option "compound objects" from the dropdown menu on the create option to make the 2 items joined.

Once they were joined i used the select tool to select the box then new options were available so i selected "Boolean" then pushed the button that says"Pick Operand B" then clicked on the sphere that was in the box and it was removed leaving the hole inside the box as the screenshot shows.
Pro Boolean
The last skill we learnt was how to use the Pro Boolean.

My idea was to create a slice of cheese so I started by creating a shape using the line tool so that It looked how I wanted the cheese to look like.
Once I had created the shape I selected the area and converted it to an editable poly then using the extrude tool I made the slice become 3 Dimensional.
Now that i had a slice of cheese i needed to make the holes in it so i created lots of different sized spheres and placed them in different angles and heights on the slice.

Then on the create dropdown menu i selected "Compound Objects" and then selected the cheese slice.

Once I had selected the cheese slice I had different options so I selected the "Pro Boolean" option then clicked the "Start Picking" button and clicked on each of the Spheres to remove them from the Slice. As shown by the final product screenshot.

1 comment:

steve-h said...

Some nice cheese you got there...making me hungry ;D