I started by thinking what channels I like and what the convey when people watch them, so using this thought I decided to think what would be best for me to do and seeing as I love watching comedy and making people laugh I thought I would go with a comedy channel Dave.
Dave
My main thought was I remember a while back I saw some writing underneath the Dave sign and it said "home of the couch potatoe" so i thought it would be a brilliant idea to do instead of a large person being lazy and sitting on a sofa, ill make it a potatoe sitting on a sofa.
So going along with the potatoe idea I have thought of making 3 idents using a potatoe in funny different situations.
To show what the current Idents are I researched what Dave had so far so here is a collage or images of what Dave currently has...

I have had a few ideas for what I want to do for Dave image on it saying the home of the couch potatoe, then the camera turns around and there is loads of food and empty cans on the floor and then the camera looks higher and there is a potatoe sitting with its feet up drinking a can of fizzy drink.
The second idea I have is to have the potatoe walking along and then something heavy falls ontop of him and he ends up becoming a huge pile of mash that is shaped like the word Dave.
The third idea I have is to have the potatoe running around and it looks one way but doesn't see a big grate and ends up being grated into chips and it then says Dave either in the chips, a shape of Dave by the chips or a spray of ketchup saying Dave on the chips.
Mood Board
The image/mood im trying to show is comedy, laughter, fun and wackyness.
The reason I chose these moods is the fact that the idea is a little zaney and wacky so that it is entertaining for people to watch and to be remembered.
Most idents have a hint of comedy as they are a form of expression to make the viewer either laugh and take notice of what has been shown.
Ive used the mood board to show colour schemes and styles to go with the expression of moods.
Mood Board 1
This mood board is showing the room and the colours I will use for the sofa, potatoe, the Dave sign, and with the idea of having a lazy couch potatoe it will have lots of rubbish around the floor and sofa.

Mood Board 2
This mood board has 2 different ideas on it as I had room left to show more ideas. The first idea is to have a potatoe walk through a grate and then end up as a portion as chips that gets tomato ketchup sprayed on them in the shape of the word Dave.
The 3rd and final idea was to have a large potatoe masher fall onto the potatoe and it creates a pile of mashed potatoe with the word Dave on.
No comments:
Post a Comment